A community for students.

Here's the question you clicked on:

55 members online
  • 0 replying
  • 0 viewing

anonymous

  • 5 years ago

Is there a way to turn a series of discounts into a single discount? ie. given 20% and 10% arrive at 28%

  • This Question is Closed
  1. anonymous
    • 5 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    I didn't realize there was a finance forum. Should I have posted this there?

  2. anonymous
    • 5 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    it seems your question is just a multiplication one...20% discount leaves 80% of whole, while 10% discount leaves 90% of whole...therefore you have (x * .8) * .9

  3. anonymous
    • 5 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    which is x * .72

  4. anonymous
    • 5 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    right as you mentioned...so it just looks like a distributive rule of multiplication i believe

  5. anonymous
    • 5 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    That was the answer i was looking for. :) It's been soooo long since I've studied math, its making me feel stupid. :P

  6. anonymous
    • 5 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    cool, any more questions?

  7. anonymous
    • 5 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    yea, im wandering if your able to view this image: http://prep.governmentcareerdevelopment.com/file.php/8/Math_Unit5/Math_Unit5_10.gif

  8. anonymous
    • 5 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    or does it take you to a login screen

  9. anonymous
    • 5 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    you can use Attach file to post it here....so d/l the gif to your comp and post it here

  10. anonymous
    • 5 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    log-in screen

  11. anonymous
    • 5 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    thats what i thought but also thought it was worth checking. Thanks for your help, thumbs up :)

  12. anonymous
    • 5 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    like this

    1 Attachment
  13. anonymous
    • 5 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    yea i get it. you may have noticed i got a thing for doing things more directly :)

  14. anonymous
    • 5 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    right, can be effective ;) no problem on the help, thanks for the thumbs up

  15. anonymous
    • 5 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    see ya around

  16. Not the answer you are looking for?
    Search for more explanations.

    • Attachments:

Ask your own question

Sign Up
Find more explanations on OpenStudy
Privacy Policy

Your question is ready. Sign up for free to start getting answers.

spraguer (Moderator)
5 → View Detailed Profile

is replying to Can someone tell me what button the professor is hitting...

23

  • Teamwork 19 Teammate
  • Problem Solving 19 Hero
  • You have blocked this person.
  • ✔ You're a fan Checking fan status...

Thanks for being so helpful in mathematics. If you are getting quality help, make sure you spread the word about OpenStudy.

This is the testimonial you wrote.
You haven't written a testimonial for Owlfred.