this year 75% of the graduating class had taken at least 8 math courses. of the remaining class members, 60% had taken 6 or 7 math courses.What % of the graduating class had taken fewer than 6 math courses?

At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.

Get our expert's

answer on brainly

SEE EXPERT ANSWER

Get your free account and access expert answers to this and thousands of other questions.

A community for students.

this year 75% of the graduating class had taken at least 8 math courses. of the remaining class members, 60% had taken 6 or 7 math courses.What % of the graduating class had taken fewer than 6 math courses?

Mathematics
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.

Get this expert

answer on brainly

SEE EXPERT ANSWER

Get your free account and access expert answers to this and thousands of other questions

suppose the total members of the class is x. 75% of x had taken at least 8 math courses. that means the remaining had taken fewer than 8 courses. the remaining class members is 100%x - 75%x = 25%x then 60% of the remaning class members had taken 6 or 7 math courses . since the remaining class members is 25% , teh class member that had taken 6 or 7 math courses is: 60% of 25%x = (60/100)(25x/100) = 15x/100 = 15%x so the class members that had taken fewer than 6 math courses is 25%x - 15%x = 10%x or 10% of the graduating class
10% have taken fewer than 6 math courses. It is calculated as follows: 60% of the remaining 25% = 15%, and 75% + 15% = 90% which leaves 10% of the students taking fewer than 6 math courses.

Not the answer you are looking for?

Search for more explanations.

Ask your own question

Other answers:

Not the answer you are looking for?

Search for more explanations.

Ask your own question