A community for students.

Here's the question you clicked on:

55 members online
  • 0 replying
  • 0 viewing


  • 5 years ago

Chlorine is frequently used to disinfect swimming pools. The chlorine concentration should remain between 1.5 and 2.5 parts per million (ppm) for safe swimming. After a warm, sunny day only 80% of the chlorine may remain in the water, with the other 20% dissipating into the air or combining with chemicals in the water. Let f(t)=3(0.8)^t model the concentration of chlorine in parts per million after t days. What is the initial concentration of chlorine in the pool?

  • This Question is Closed

    Not the answer you are looking for?
    Search for more explanations.

    • Attachments:

Ask your own question

Sign Up
Find more explanations on OpenStudy
Privacy Policy

Your question is ready. Sign up for free to start getting answers.

spraguer (Moderator)
5 → View Detailed Profile

is replying to Can someone tell me what button the professor is hitting...


  • Teamwork 19 Teammate
  • Problem Solving 19 Hero
  • You have blocked this person.
  • ✔ You're a fan Checking fan status...

Thanks for being so helpful in mathematics. If you are getting quality help, make sure you spread the word about OpenStudy.

This is the testimonial you wrote.
You haven't written a testimonial for Owlfred.