anonymous
  • anonymous
There is a 70% chance of heavy fog and a 30% chance of light drizzle. A softball game has an 80% chance of being cancelled for a light drizzle and a 30% chance of being cancelled for a heavy for when there is no drizzle. Find the probability the game will be cancelled.
Mathematics
katieb
  • katieb
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.

Get this expert

answer on brainly

SEE EXPERT ANSWER

Get your free account and access expert answers to this
and thousands of other questions

anonymous
  • anonymous
Prob of heavy fog , H = 0.7 Prob of light drizzle, L = 0.3 Prob of game cancelled during H, X= 0.3 Prob of game cancelled during L, Y = 0.8 Prob of game cancelled = XH + YL = 0.21 + 0.24 = 0.45

Looking for something else?

Not the answer you are looking for? Search for more explanations.