What does skin mean? What does skin mean? @Biology
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
What does body systems mean?
The thin layer of tissue forming the natural outer covering of the body of a person or animal.
In the human body:
cells combine to form tissues
tissues combine and form organs
a group of organs combine to form a body system
a body system is a group of organs that work togethr to accomplish a bodily function.
Some examples of these functions and the corresponding organs:
digestion system (mouth, esphogus, stomach, large and small intestines, anus)
circulatory system (heart, veins, arteries)
muscular system (muscles)
skeletal system (bones)
nervous system (brain and nerve pathways)
respritory system (lungs)
Not the answer you are looking for? Search for more explanations.
1. The membranous tissue forming the external covering or integument of an animal and consisting in vertebrates of the epidermis and dermis.
2. An animal pelt, especially the comparatively pliable pelt of a small or young animal: a tent made of goat skins.
3. A usually thin, closely adhering outer layer: the skin of a peach; a sausage skin; the skin of an aircraft.
4. A container for liquids that is made of animal skin.
5. Music A drumhead.
6. Informal One's life or physical survival: They lied to save their skins.
v. skinned, skin·ning, skins
1. To remove skin from: skinned and gutted the rabbit.
2. To bruise, cut, or injure the skin or surface of: She skinned her knee.
3. To remove (an outer covering); peel off: skin off the thin bark.
4. To cover with or as if with skin: skin the framework of a canoe.
5. Slang To fleece; swindle.
1. To become covered with or as if with skin: In January the pond skins over with ice.
2. To pass with little room to spare: We barely skinned by.
Of, relating to, or depicting pornography: skin magazines.
by the skin of (one's) teeth
By the smallest margin.
get under (someone's) skin
1. To irritate or stimulate; provoke.
2. To preoccupy someone; become an obsession.
under the skin
Beneath the surface; fundamentally: enemies who are really brothers under the skin.