Open study

is now brainly

With Brainly you can:

  • Get homework help from millions of students and moderators
  • Learn how to solve problems with step-by-step explanations
  • Share your knowledge and earn points by helping other students
  • Learn anywhere, anytime with the Brainly app!

A community for students.

Probability with Huntington's disease? Huntington disease is a rare degenerative human disease determined by a dominant allele, HD. The disorder is usually manifested after the age of 45. A young man has learned that his father has developed the disease; his mother does not have the disease (and does not carry to HD disease allele). What is the probability that the young man will later develop the disease? I went for 50%? If the young man has a child with a woman who does not carry the HD disease allele, what is the probability that their first child will be affected by Huntington disease as

Biology
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.

Get this expert

answer on brainly

SEE EXPERT ANSWER

Get your free account and access expert answers to this and thousands of other questions

Check this out: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111201132717AARTsnN Same question and there is an answer: "You're correct that the man has a 50% probability of carrying the Huntington's allele. Now, if he does have it, the probability that his first child will also inherit the Huntington's allele is also 50%. But there is only a 50% chance that the man has it to give to his son. So: .5 X .5 = 0.25 = 25% There is a 25% chance that the man's first child will be affected by Huntington's disease."
yep, exactly.

Not the answer you are looking for?

Search for more explanations.

Ask your own question

Other answers:

Not the answer you are looking for?

Search for more explanations.

Ask your own question