Greetings all, being a new chum I am having some difficulty finding my way around. Is there a FAQs sheet/site/whatever? I hope to pass on some knowledge/wisdom but need some initial guidance so that my errors are few(er).
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
Hey Cryptic, welcome! What's giving you trouble?
The basics of it are:
- The left side is about questions. You can see questions people have asked recently, and ask a question yourself.
- The right side shows you online users, what they're up to, and their ranks, unless you click on a question. Then the right side shows the full question and any replies.
* You can give a medal to an answerer for a given question by clicking “Good Answer” next to their replies.
* You can give a medal to an asker for having asked a good question by clicking “Good Question” next to the question at the top.
- Chats are along the bottom. There is one for every group you're in.
- You can change which group you're currently viewing by clicking on the blue bar at the top. You can also join more groups through that. You see chat from all groups all the time.
- Last but not least, as you get medals and achievements, you get experience points (XP) and level up. Your current level and XP for the current group are at the top right of the page in the green section.
Let us know if you have any other questions!
Thanks shadowfiend, I didn't know that chats were accessed via the tabs below. gradually got the hang of the "ratings" but still not sure what has to be done for each - I'm here to help so the ratings don't really matter to me but it's always useful to know.
I am not sure about contacting fans or others which may come in handy, especially if they're not chatting ie can I leave someone a message - I would like today to be able to draw Redwood Girl's attention to a question that seems right up her alley and the person Kasi would appreciate the help I'm sure.
I've learned some things today so that's good.
There's no “official” way to contact another user in private. One thing you can do is click on a user's username or avatar. If you become their fan, you can leave a “fan message”. These are public, but not super-easy to access, so there are those who use them for private messaging at the moment.
We do have some potential work on such messaging in the pipeline, however.
Not the answer you are looking for? Search for more explanations.
I'm a fan of users who use cheers. Just sayin'. Welcome Cryptic.
Hey Cryptic! If you are still having issues using the site, check out this:
This is a link to one of the coolest users on openstudy giving great instruction on how to use the site.