Mike is saving money for his first car. He already saved $300 from cutting grass last summer. He has an after school job and saves $250 from his paychecks every month. This relationship is represented by the equation y = 250x + 300, where x is the number of months and y is the cost of the car.
1. Identify the slope (m) in this relationship.
2. Explain what the slope (m) means in this situation.
3. Identify the y-intercept (b) in this relationship.
4. Explain what the y-intercept (b) means in this situation.
5. Use the equation to determine the number of months Mike will nee
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
Not the answer you are looking for? Search for more explanations.
meaning: the initial amount of money he had starting out was $300.
5. is cut off.
5. Use the equation to determine the number of months Mike will need to save for a car that costs $4000.
6. Use the equation to determine the maximum amount of money Mike can afford to spend on a car if he saves for 12 months.
7. Explain how the amount of time Mike will take to save for his $4000 car will change if he increased the amount of money he saved each month.
8. Explain how the amount of time Mike will take to save for his $4000 car will change if he decreased the amount of money he saved each month.
5. 4000 = 250x+300. Solve for x. Your answer will be in months.
6. y = 250(12) +300
7. Lol he would be able to afford the car faster!
8. It would take longer to save up for the car. (too bad 7 and 8 aren't more specific).
Thanks For Helping me I was Sooo Confused. (;
Do you have a good resource as far as your textbook goes?
Okay lemme see what I can do about that.
when I took algebra 7 years ago, my book was a total piece of pellet.
Paul's notes have always helped me for calculus and maybe the algebra ones will help for you:
hahaha they censor on here!
So for this problem, your output (y) is in dollars and your input (x) is in months. So if they say if the amount is however many dollars, you know that you have to plug that in to y. If ask something about months, then you plug that into x.
When i solve for x on this problem 4000 = 250x+300. do i do 250+300 ?