anonymous
  • anonymous
Dione Industries bought a scanner for $800. It is expected to depreciate at a rate of 10% per year. What will the value of the scanner be in 2 years? Answer $648 $720 $889 $968
Mathematics
  • Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
SOLVED
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
katieb
  • katieb
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
anonymous
  • anonymous
648
anonymous
  • anonymous
did u use your calculator
anonymous
  • anonymous
First year it depreciates by 10% i. 10/100 * 800 = 80 its value after the first year is 800 -80 = 720 2nd year it depreciates also by 10% i.e. 10/100 * 720 = 72 So its value will be 720 -72 = 648

Looking for something else?

Not the answer you are looking for? Search for more explanations.

More answers

anonymous
  • anonymous
No I just calculated manually
anonymous
  • anonymous
a minor correction: If the number of years are too large you can create a formula easily as follows: Let the original value be Y Let x% be the percentage value after it depreciates. then (x/100)^n is the percentage of the remaining true value after depreciation in n years. Then its true value after n years is given by the following formula y*(x/100)^n In this case x=90 ( i.e it depreciates by 10% so the remaining percentage value is 90%) x=90 n=2 y=800 so after 2 years its true value will be given by 800*(x/100)^2 = 800*(90*90)/(100*100) = 9*9*8 = 648
anonymous
  • anonymous
Nothing wrong with the answer above, and it may be the answer anticipated by the author of the question. Sometimes, these problems are modeled by an exponential model\[V(t) =V_0 e ^{-rt}\]If you substitute for values in this problem,\[V(2)=800e ^{-.20}\approx655\]
anonymous
  • anonymous
thanks :)

Looking for something else?

Not the answer you are looking for? Search for more explanations.