27. The heat that drives the convection cells located in Earth originates in the (1 point)crust.
28. The Hawaiian Islands formed into their current shape because a magma plume ejected magma through a moving crust. This is a great example of (1 point)a divergent boundary.
the mid-ocean ridge.
29. When an earthquake occurs, the actual point of earth movement is called ___________ and the point on the surface right above this is called the _____________. (1 point)asthenosphere / lithosphere
epicenter / focus
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
focus / epicenter
crust / mantle
30. In order to prevent a mass erosion event, such as the 1930s Dust Bowl, which of the following should farmers do? (1 point)Remove worms, ants, and other organisms that live in the soil.
Keep the land irrigated.
Remove native grasses.
Plant the same crops from year to year to acclimate the soil.
31. Explain the scientific belief of continental drift. Include the concepts of Sea-floor spreading and subduction in your response. (4 points)
32. Many of the open land in your area is being turned into housing developments with roofs, roads, and driveways covering up the soil. Explain to your local planning board the functions soil serve and why it is important to preserve soil. (4 points)
33. You just won a trip to Journey to the center of the Earth in an amazing new heat-resistant ship made of a transparent material. When you return, you are expected to write a paragraph explaining to middle school students, the convection cells you saw in Earth's mantle. Write your rough draft here. (4 points)