A card is selected from a standard deck of 52 playing cards. A standard deck of cards has 12 face cards and four Aces (Aces are not face cards). Find the probability of selecting
· a five given the card is a not a club.
· a heart given the card is red.
· a face card, given that the card is black.
Show step by step work. Give all solutions exactly in reduced fraction form. HELP PLEASE
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
1) 1/4 of the deck are clubs which is 3 face cards. 12-3=9. So, you have 9/52 chance of selecting a face card.
2) I believe there are 2 colors, red and black, right? If so, then 1/2 are red. 52/2 = 26
3) 1/2 of the cards are black, so 12/2= 6. You have a 6/52 chance of pulling a black face card.