Quantcast

Got Homework?

Connect with other students for help. It's a free community.

  • across
    MIT Grad Student
    Online now
  • laura*
    Helped 1,000 students
    Online now
  • Hero
    College Math Guru
    Online now

Here's the question you clicked on:

55 members online
  • 0 replying
  • 0 viewing

xokatexo

Amid's bill at a restaurant was $39.24. He plans to leave a 15% tip for the waiter. Explain how Amid can ESTIMATE the amount for the tip.

  • 2 years ago
  • 2 years ago

  • This Question is Closed
  1. carcarcavs
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    omg i hate these percent things srry im in 5th grade cany help <3 :(

    • 2 years ago
  2. xokatexo
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    dont worry about it!

    • 2 years ago
  3. carcarcavs
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    :)

    • 2 years ago
  4. liliy
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 2

    i love these! this is what i do all the time in my head.!!

    • 2 years ago
  5. liliy
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 2

    okay, pretend her bill is 40.00. then a trick for % is that 10% is just the amount when you move the decimal over one space. so in this case 10% would be 4$. now we need to calculate 15%!!! so we already hav 10% now to get another 5%, well thats half of the amount of 10%. since 10% gives us 4$ 5% will give us 2$. so we add those up(4$+$2=6) and we have a total tip of 15% of 6 dollars.

    • 2 years ago
  6. xokatexo
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    haha thanks that was my friend who wrote that i love these too!

    • 2 years ago
  7. liliy
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 2

    np. so u understand it?

    • 2 years ago
  8. xokatexo
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    yeah

    • 2 years ago
    • Attachments:

See more questions >>>

Your question is ready. Sign up for free to start getting answers.

spraguer (Moderator)
5 → View Detailed Profile

is replying to Can someone tell me what button the professor is hitting...

23

  • Teamwork 19 Teammate
  • Problem Solving 19 Hero
  • You have blocked this person.
  • ✔ You're a fan Checking fan status...

Thanks for being so helpful in mathematics. If you are getting quality help, make sure you spread the word about OpenStudy.

This is the testimonial you wrote.
You haven't written a testimonial for Owlfred.