At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
To the mods: Is openstudy a Q&A site? please explain if yes or no? if possible please let me know what a Q&A site is by definition so I can draw my conclusions. I'm only asking these because I want to know how to spend my time here. there's a bit of a mix up somewhere
I thought your survey would contain MCQs. Lol, here it contains 10 marks essays!
1) for me openstudy is a hobby...this is the only site i go to when i go online...and im online all day so that's saying a lot 2) i chat...report bugs...answer user's questions regarding the site if i know the answer...teach som peeps...feel guilty bout myself (lol) 1) yes it has definitely changed...we used to be able to give answers quickly now we need to teach...which is completely understandable.. 2) os has good improvements and bad...good will be that its long time users have good integrity and sense of calues...bad thing is that a lot of new users with bad attitude have came here and disrupted the balance of the os universe...only the selected heroes can save it now 3) yes i am bothered...the number of trolls and bad users in openstudy have made me to start losing interest in coming here..but only slightly..but i still believe i can change them trolls someday ^_^
sorry i answered the second part too...im not really sure whether i can be counted as long time user or not...
nah it's fine :) if you consider urself one, fair enough.
1. OS is a place for me to help other people, get better at tutoring/teaching, and learn about fascinating new problems. 2. Most of the time I'm waiting for a question that doesn't bore me out of my mind/doing my own homework. 1. For the most part, I don't think it's changed in quality/value too much. If there was one thing however, I feel like there's more users just giving an answer. 2. --------- 3. I'd be bothered if it got significantly worse. I'm fine with a little fluctuation, but getting worse and staying worse wouldn't sit right. And why would I be bothered if it got better? I'd love it if got significantly better and stayed better.
Lol only the long-time users answer xD 1. What is openstudy (to you)? OpenStudy is a place to expand my knowledge in multiple subjects and to help others understand new concepts. (mostly in Music, writing and history, though I do math on occassion) I also like helping people on chat, even with their personal problems haha 2. What are you doing here (most of the time) ? Babysitting music group ;D To long-time users: 1. Has openstudy changed in value and quality (in your opinion) ? Yes and No. 2. if answer to 1 is yes, how has it changed? better? worse? for better: We have more active users who are devoted to helping the community and are useful, the SmartScore motivates people to be encouraged in helping people. The worse: more trolls and creeps, though I suppose that can't be helped until they are reported. 3. Are you bothered whether openstudy gets better or worse? Absolutely! I love it when improvements are made, my only concern is that as more improvements are made I don't want this community to become more like an online jail because we are trying to keep everything "perfect" And worse because...worse sucks. duh. ;P
To everyone: 1. What is openstudy (to you)? A platform to ask and answer, learn and share 2. What are you doing here (most of the time) ? Answering questions, asking questions, chatting and waiting for questions To long-time users (I don't know if I'm one of them) 1. Has openstudy changed in value and quality (in your opinion) ? Yes 2. if answer to 1 is yes, how has it changed? better? worse? Better or worse. Better -> more users are willing to give answers with explanations worse -> more users just focus on the final answer, rather than the steps (for math). Probably because of the increase of users here, the problem seems to be more serious than the old days (I don't know) 3. Are you bothered whether openstudy gets better or worse? Yes Hope it helps
To everyone: 1. What is openstudy (to you)? Part of my life lol 2. What are you doing here (most of the time) ? Answering questions, Asking questions, chatting To long-time users: 1. Has openstudy changed in value and quality (in your opinion) ? Yes 2. if answer to 1 is yes, how has it changed? better? worse? better but i dont like that there are so many mods, I dont think they changed or helped much 3. Are you bothered whether openstudy gets better or worse? yes i am bothered sometimes
To everyone: 1. OpenStudy is like an online family of people ik I can get along with and study in a peacefull enviroment. 2. To be honest chatting. Ill go help in Biology at times, but wont actually be active till summer. To Long-Term users: 1 - 2. Yes considering the SS system. I liked the level up system more, but what can I do? 3. OpenStudy will still be the same to me even if it is changed. :)
^^^He is awesome
OpenStudy has become a place where I seek to teach people about academic morals whenever I get the chance to. I achieve this by making my answers to their questions stupidly easy, hoping that they will feel bad about themselves afterward. However, every time I come here, I mostly check up on old friends and observe both the quantity and the quality of the questions being asked then. I usually do that within minutes. I have not seen much improvement over time, nevertheless; I honestly do not know where you guys are pulling the idea that the askers' quality is improving from! But anyway, as cshalvey already pointed out, OpenStudy has been changing for good and for worse: it has improved in the sense of userbase and failed in the sense that several long-time users are still answering questions as if their fingers would ache otherwise.
idk why but I felt a need to reply to this, I LOVE your reply across xD looks like we think in the same vein, but I probably need to work on my time spent here. I'll reply an answer to my own survey though in a couple of days, waiting for a mod to answer the question to them.
1. Open study is a place to hang out, as well as troll :3 2. I used to focus completely on helping out, but now I mostly chat. To long-time users: 1. I think it has gotten bigger, and somewhat better. 2. Answered above. 3. Not really, except that everyone's smartscore is higher than me xD
1. Place to chat and connect with other people who are interested in learning. Also a good place to learn about teaching methods and how to communicate ideas to learners, which methods work better than others, etc. 2. Mostly chatting and answering questions in the Math group.
1. Open study is a place to not only receive quality assistance for academics, but to help people that are having trouble with something in school. 2. I spend most of my time answering word problems and asking for help with geometry.