Quantcast

Got Homework?

Connect with other students for help. It's a free community.

  • across
    MIT Grad Student
    Online now
  • laura*
    Helped 1,000 students
    Online now
  • Hero
    College Math Guru
    Online now

Here's the question you clicked on:

55 members online
  • 0 replying
  • 0 viewing

Rajp98

In a monohybrid cross, if the gene for tall (T) plants was incompletely dominant over the gene for short (t) plants, what would be the predicted result of crossing two intermediate (Tt) parent plants? (Hint: You may want to complete a Punnett square.) A. 25% tall, 50% intermediate, 25% short B. 25% tall, 75% intermediate C. 50% tall, 25% intermediate, 25% short D. 100% intermediate

  • one year ago
  • one year ago

  • This Question is Closed
  1. Rajp98
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    i set up a punnet square, but still dont get it

    • one year ago
  2. yukitou
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 2

    |dw:1339804224049:dw| 1 TT : 2 Tt :1tt 1 tall: 2 intermediate : one short i hope this helps.

    • one year ago
  3. Rajp98
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    thanks so much!

    • one year ago
  4. Rajp98
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    know this one--?? In guinea pigs, dark hair (D) is dominant over light hair (d) and curly hair (C) is dominant over smooth hair (c). Complete a dihybrid cross for parents with the genotypes: DdCc × DdCc and answer the following in complete sentences. Describe how you would set up a Punnett square for this cross. List the likelihood of each possible offspring genotype. List the likelihood of each possible offspring phenotype.

    • one year ago
  5. Rajp98
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    been trying it for a while but i just cant make a good sqaure for it

    • one year ago
  6. Rajp98
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    Please Help.. Im still trying but not getting anywhere

    • one year ago
  7. yukitou
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 2

    |dw:1339804784081:dw| If you have a parent genotype which is DdCc, the possible gametes is DC, Dc, dC and dc (4 different combinations). When you cross these 4 posibles choices of gametes with another 4 possible gametes, you have 9 different genotype and 4 different phenotype.

    • one year ago
  8. yukitou
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 2

    You can take your time to cross the allele and group the phenotype and genotype.

    • one year ago
  9. Rajp98
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    K i crossed em

    • one year ago
  10. Rajp98
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    now?

    • one year ago
  11. Rajp98
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    is the likelihood of each possible offspring genotype 25%, and the likelihood of a possible phenotype 75%??

    • one year ago
  12. Rajp98
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    i think im right

    • one year ago
  13. Rajp98
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    Yukitou, can you help =(

    • one year ago
  14. yukitou
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 2

    which one? Usually in dihybrid cross, the phenotype ratio is 9:3:3:1 where 9 is D-/C-, 3 is dd/C-, another 3 is D-/cc and the 1 is dd/cc. D and C are dominant allele, d and c are recessive. The dash can be either the dominant or recessive allele because their 'partner' allele is dominant. is the likelihood of each possible offspring genotype 25%, and the likelihood of a possible phenotype 75%?? You're right but the percentages might change depends on situation. You can have DD/CC (which is one out of sixteen genotypes) but the phenotype by this DD/CC is 9 out of 16 because of D and C dominant alleles and there are also DDCc, DdCC and DdCc contributes to this 9/16 ratio.

    • one year ago
  15. Rajp98
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    no i mean answering- List the likelihood of each possible offspring genotype. List the likelihood of each possible offspring phenotype.

    • one year ago
  16. Rajp98
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    Do you get it ???

    • one year ago
  17. Rajp98
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    I answered the first quetion, about setting up the square, now I need the last 2- List the likelihood of each possible offspring genotype. List the likelihood of each possible offspring phenotype.

    • one year ago
  18. Rajp98
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    Yukitou.. ! please anything?

    • one year ago
  19. yukitou
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 2

    ok.... If you cross DC and DC, you get DDCC. If cross dc and dc, you get ddcc. You repeat the same thing for others combinations. possible genotype: 1 DDCC, 1 DDcc, 1 ddcc, 1ddCC, 2 DDCc, 2 DdCc, 4 DdCC, 2 ddCc, 2 Ddcc possible phenotype: 9 dark and curly, 3 light and curly, 3 dark and smooth, 1 light and smooth

    • one year ago
  20. Rajp98
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    Thank you for all your help. You are a lifesaver, tommorow i will find out result. May God Bless your Grave Son.,

    • one year ago
  21. yukitou
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 2

    no problem. This is a learning process for me too :D

    • one year ago
    • Attachments:

See more questions >>>

Your question is ready. Sign up for free to start getting answers.

spraguer (Moderator)
5 → View Detailed Profile

is replying to Can someone tell me what button the professor is hitting...

23

  • Teamwork 19 Teammate
  • Problem Solving 19 Hero
  • You have blocked this person.
  • ✔ You're a fan Checking fan status...

Thanks for being so helpful in mathematics. If you are getting quality help, make sure you spread the word about OpenStudy.

This is the testimonial you wrote.
You haven't written a testimonial for Owlfred.