ps1 problem 3, a few questions about the solution set:
1. The first loop is a while True loop. Is there ever a point which would return a False value, or does ending the loop depending on a break?
2. The test for finding a solution is: "if (high_payment - low_payment < 0.005)". Why not if ....<.01? Isn't .01 the accuracy required in the problem? Would <.01 not give an accurate enough response? Why?
3. Instead of the above two, I did while abs(balance)>.01 and nested another loop to simulate the passage of time. Is this better, worse, equivalent?
4. Why recompute the balance and months?
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
1. The while True loop is an infinite loop. It will only end with a break.
2. Not sure.
3. Not sure.
4. I was wondering the same, so I tried it with and without recomputing the balance. The difference was that without recalculating post-rounding the balance was +$0.01, and when recalculated after rounding the balance is -$0.01. Thus, by rounding up to the highest cent we change the final balance by two cents.