At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
· How are waves propagated?
· What is the ‘fetch’ of a wave?
· How does the amount of energy that a wave gets in the fetch affect the size of a wave?
· What 3 things determine the size of a wind generated wave? (check out the Savage Seas resource -> ‘the power of waves’)
· If you were standing at the end of a pier with a stopwatch in hand, how would you measure the average WAVE PERIOD of the waves that pass by?
· Why do successive (one after the other) waves that arrive at the beach have different heights?
· What is the highest part of a wave called?
· What is the lowest part of a wave called?
· How do you measure the length of a wave?
· How do you measure the height of a wave?
· TIDAL WAVES
o What is a tidal wave?
o Why is the use of ‘tidal’ wave actually a misnomer? (use the wave picture resource to find out – make sure to read through each page)