1. Farley bought $5 worth of school supplies, plus pencils at $0.40 per pencil. What is the rate of change in this sentence?(Points : 1)
$0.40 per pencil
2. Angel joined a paperback book club for a $10 membership fee, plus $5.99 per book. Which equation best represents this sentence?(Points : 1)
y = 5.99x + 10
y = 10x + 5.99
y = 5.99/x
y = 5.99(10)x
3. You drive a car that holds 15 gallons of gasoline. Your car uses 0.03 gal per mi. Which equation best represents this informatio
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
3. You drive a car that holds 15 gallons of gasoline. Your car uses 0.03 gal per mi. Which equation best represents this information?(Points : 1)
y = 0.03x + 15
y = 0.03x - 15
y = -0.03x + 15
y = -0.03x - 15
4. The temperature was 65 degrees at daybreak. Then it dropped two degrees per hour until dusk. If x is the number of hours since daybreak, this equation represents the temperature during the day: y = -2x + 65 OR y = 65 - 2x. Use the equation to predict the temperature six hours later.(Points : 1)
1) .40 per pencil (the key word is "per". It implies a rate.
2) y = 5.99x + 10 (You cannot change the membership fee (10), so the "per" book is the only thing that can change.
3) y = -0.03x + 15 (Your car LOSES gas so that's why you have a NEGATIVE slope).
4) Substitute 6 in for x. y = 65 - 2(6) = 65 - 12 = 53 degrees.