Can someone please help!! American history!!
1. The important principle of ___________ emerged from the signing of the Mayflower Compact.
2. James K. Polk wanted to annex Texas because he was a strong believer in _________ ___________.
3. New York City became the nation’s greatest commercial center because the ____________ _________ funneled western produce down the Hudson River.
4. Henry Clay’s ___________ __________ was a proposed federal program designed to promote prosperity by uniting the nation both geographically and economically.
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
5. The goal of William Lloyd Garrison’s _________ ____________ was to build public support for the abolition of slavery.
6. In the presidential election of 1848, the Free-Soil Party forced the Whigs and Democrats to take a stand on the issue of __________.
7. The capture of Vicksburg was important to the North because Vicksburg was the key to the Anaconda Plan’s goal of gaining control of the _____________ ______________ and cutting the South in half.
8. One effect of Reconstruction was that it gave ___________ ____________ __________ the right to vote.
9. To combat high costs, the Populist Party demanded government ownership of the _____________.
10. One characteristic of the __________ ___________ was that elected officials rewarded their supporters with jobs.
Use the table and your knowledge of social studies to answer the following question.
11. Jefferson and Madison opposed Hamilton’s economic plan because they believed the federal government should use only those powers explicitly granted by _______________.
12. __________ and _________ first attracted settlers to the West.
13. One of the most important accomplishments of the national Congress under the Articles of Confederation was the creation of plans for both settling and governing the __________ ____________
14. The belief that it was God’s plan for the United States to own most or all of North America was known as ____________ _____________.
15. The __________ Plan included the strategy that Union forces would blockade Southern ports, starving the South of income and supplies.
16. What caused King Philip’s War?
17. Why did many colonists protest the Stamp Act?
18. What arguments did supporters of the public school movement make to support their cause?
19. What was factory work like in the late 1800s?
20. How did the spoils system affect politics during the Gilded Age?