At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
1. What is the difference between race and ethnicity? (1 point)
Ethnicity is related to culture; race is related to biological ancestry.
Ethnicity is determined scientifically; race is not.
People of the same ethnicity always share the same religion; people of the same race do not.
Ethnicity is determined by the color of your eyes; race is determined by the color of your skin.
2. Which of the following is not an example of an element of culture? (1 point)
reading the Bible
having blonde hair and blue eyes
eating Italian food, such as spaghetti
3. Which statement regarding pop culture is incorrect? (1 point)
Pop culture is heavily influenced by mainstream mass media.
Pop culture focuses on localized traditions and customs.
Pop culture is a product of industrial society.
Pop culture presents the argument that a society is becoming a melting pot.
4. Which of the statements below is an example of folk culture rather than pop culture? (1 point)
The general population listens to rock music.
Many Irish participate in the St. Patrick Day parade.
The general population uses plastic plates during picnic outings.
Members of the Jewish population eat fast food for lunch.
5. The statements below are examples of Human Geography except (1 point)
interaction patterns between people.
people’s minds and thought processes.
people’s interaction within the community.
Earth’s various climates and multiple layers of atmosphere.
6. This religion is most popular in Asia, parts of Africa, and the Middle East. (1 point)
7. This eastern religion has drawn the greatest numbers of Indian followers and revolves about the belief in reincarnation. (1 point)
8. Which example best illustrates folk culture according to the definition? (1 point)
Dressing up in shirt and tie for an upcoming interview
Dressing up in cowboy clothing for the annual Texas rodeo competitions
Putting on shoes before leaving the house
Wearing heavier clothing during winter months
9. This religion is predominant in Asia, with 365 million followers, including many Chinese. (1 point)
10. Which event is based on an ethnic tradition? (1 point)
New Years Eve
St. Patrick’s Day