suppose a person has his hand on a hot plate.He can feel heat& knows its hot but cannot move his hand. Which damage is it?. 1. interneuron damage 2. motor neuron3.sensory neuron4.nerve damage motor 5. brain damage
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
1. Interneuron is a neuron which sends signals from a neuron to another neuron, like a link.
If the interneuron was damages the person wouldn't feel the heat.
2. Motor neurons are the neurons that carry signals from the spinal cord to the muscles to produce movement. If these are damaged, you can't move a muscle.
3. Sensory neurons are responsible for 'feeling' the heat so that one isn't damaged.
4. Nerve damage motor, not sure if this is a typo? I guess 'motor' is misplaced. If nerves are damaged no signals could reach the brain so he wouln't feel the pain.
5. Brain damage could cause motion signals not being processed properly and could be an option.
So, if he cannot move his hand but still feel pain, either his motor neurons are damaged or there's something wrong with his brain. But i'd pick answer 2.
Thank u!!! @thomaster
this is withdrawal reflex not needing brain processed and acted upon in spinal cord itself
either motor neuron or muscle is paralysed
sensory is intact since he can feel the pain