At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
31. Activists in the counterculture movement were successful at doing which of the following?
A. weakening the Republican Party
B. turning public opinion against the Vietnam War
C. pressuring Congress to pass the Civil Rights Act
D. bringing an end to McCarthy's anti-communist crusade
32. Why was Phyllis Schlafly an important figure in the battle to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA)?
A. She headed the organization that wrote the ERA.
B. She was a prominent female opponent of the ERA.
C. She was the governor of the first state to ratify the ERA.
D. She wrote a book detailing the economic costs of gender discrimination.
35. How did the Black Panther Party's approach to the Civil Rights movement differ from that of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee?
A. The Black Panthers were more interested in ending economic oppression than legal segregation.
B. The Black Panthers excluded many African Americans rather than working to be as inclusive as possible.
C. The Black Panthers focused on protecting African Americans from white violence rather than ending segregation.
D. The Black Panthers used violence to force rapid desegregation rather than civil disobedience to bring it about slowly.
41. What was the Supreme Court concerned about in its ruling in Miranda v. Arizona (1966)?
A. preventing elected officials from abusing their power
B. preventing government intrusions in people's private lives
C. ensuring speedy compliance with its desegregation ruling
D. sprotecting people's right not to testify against themselves unwillingly
44. Draft resisters were part of which larger social movement?
A. the feminist movement
B. the temperance movement
C. the counterculture movement
D. the organized labor movement
55. Which of the following resulted from the signing of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)?
A. a decrease in the United States' trade deficit
B. an increase in the United States' national debt
C. a decrease in federal spending on security for the U.S.-Mexico border
D. an increase in the flow of goods between the United States and Mexico
57. The quote below was written in the early 21st century: "Every American, regardless of their background, has the right to live free of unwarranted government intrusion. Repealing the worst provisions of the Patriot Act will reign in this gross abuse of power and restore to everyone our basic Constitutional rights.
"Source: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/patriot.html Based on this quote, which of the following statements about life in the United States during the early 21st century is true?
A. The majority of citizens agree that there should be stronger government intervention in the war on terrorism.
B. Most citizens maintain that individual rights and freedoms should be protected even when fighting against the world's terrorists.
C. The majority of citizens believe the Patriot Act was a warranted response to the war on terrorism around the world.
D. Most citizens believe that the government response to terror in the form of the Patriot Act was too weak to combat modern terrorists.
31. turning public opinion against the Vietnam War