anonymous
  • anonymous
A basketball player makes 80% of his free throw.? A- Attempt 13 shoots determine probability they make 10 . B-Attempt 6 free throws what is probability they miss not more than 2 ?
Probability
  • Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
SOLVED
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
jamiebookeater
  • jamiebookeater
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
anonymous
  • anonymous
this is a simple usage of binomial probability formula: http://www.allianthawk.org/images/stats%20binomial%20probability%20formula.gif A - player shoots 13 times, chance of hitting 80% or 0.8 and the chance of missing 20% or 0.2 chance that a player will hit the basket exactly 10 times out of 13 tries is equal to: p(X = 10) = (13 nCr 10) * (0.8)^10 * (0.2)^3 = 0.2456 or 24.56% EXPLANATION OF NUMBERS IN BINOMIAL FORMULA: (13 nCr 10) means we are picking out which 10 throws out of 13 he'll score (instead of picking out throws he'll score, we could have picked throws that he'll miss, writing down (13 nCr 3), it is the same thing), (0.8)^10 is probability of hitting 10 throws and (0.2)^3 is probability of missing 3 throws B - "probability they miss not more than 2" means player will miss either 0, 1 or 2 throws, no more than that; we use the same formula like in the A part of the assignment p(X <= 2) = p(X=0) + p(X=1) + p(X=2) = (0.8)^6 + (6 nCr 1) * (0.8)^5 * (0.2)^1 + (6 nCr 2) * (0.8)^4 * (0.2)^2 = 0.262 + 0.393 + 0.246 = 0.901 or 90.1%
anonymous
  • anonymous
Thank you very much

Looking for something else?

Not the answer you are looking for? Search for more explanations.