7. In the city of _____, a technician will automatically be dispatched by computer when there is a problem with the air conditioner or heating system.
Sun Valley, Idaho
PlanIT Valley, Portugal
8. What was unusual about Bashar al-Assad, the longtime president of the Arab nation of Syria?
He was the son of the previous leader of his country.
He controlled a strong military.
He was a non-Muslim in a country which is three-quarters Sunni Muslim.
His government controlled Syria’s natural resources, including rich oil fields
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
Recently, researchers uncovered the molecular structure of a key protein that retroviruses use to multiply. This was a significant step toward _____.
using biotechnology to vaccinate children
stopping the spread of the HIV/AIDS virus
providing healthcare for all people
producing lifelike artificial limbs
10. NATO is currently involved in _____.
rebuilding the war-torn nation of Afghanistan
settling China’s dispute with Japan over islands in the Pacific
helping rebuild the government of Iraq
curbing drug-related violence by cartels in Mexico
11. Many Americans are alarmed about the idea of drone aircraft _____.
flying over battlefields
dropping bombs on enemy targets
flying over friendly foreign territory
flying over United States cities
13. In the Middle East at the end of 2012, _____ was not a major U.S. concern.
rebuilding the government of Libya
ending the civil war in Syria
preventing Iran from developing nuclear weapons
settling disputes between Palestinians and Israelis
16. What is carbon capture and storage (CCS)?
a method for storing fossil fuels that prevents leakage into the environment
a process using high pressure to obtain hydrocarbons from shale rock
a process to further limit carbon dioxide emissions from burning coal
a new technology for mining coal that reduces the amount of coal dust produced
17. The bailout of Greece’s failing economy was negotiated by _____.
the United States
18. Why did Greeks protest against their government in 2012?
The government wanted to borrow money from Germany.
The government threatened to impose austerity measures.
The government threatened to raise taxes.
The government wanted to drop out of the European Union.
20. Which is not a major ethical issue?
harvesting embryonic stem cells to create new organs
flying drone aircraft routinely over American cities
allowing private individuals to fly into outer space
allowing parents to choose the physical characteristics of their children
23. A computer hacker usually gets into a company’s network by _____.
tapping into the company’s IT department
finding a single unlocked door in a virtual hallway
studying the network’s architecture
befriending someone who works for the company
24. Which describes the process of fracking?
pumping fluid deep underground to force natural gas out of shale rock
excavating Earth’s surface to reach veins of clean coal
pumping toxic chemicals through shafts in the ground to pump out natural gas
detonating explosives underground to release oil and natural gas from solid rock
25. There is now no restriction on the amount of money that organizations or individuals can give to candidates in national elections due to a ruling by _____.
the U.S. Senate
the Supreme Court
the Republican Party
a majority of states