A college survey was taken to determine where students study. Of 112 students surveyed, 66 studied in the library, 54 studied in the student union, and 23 studied in both the library and the student union.
Of those interviewed, how many did not study in either the library or the student union?
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
There are five sets of students:
1) the universal set with 112 students.
2) students who studied in the library and not the student union with 66 - 23 = 43 students.
3) students who studied in the student union and not the library with 54 - 23 = 31 students.
4) students who studied in both the library and the student union with 23 students.
5) students who did not study in either the library or the student union.
The number who did not study in either the library or the student union is found as follows:
[The number in the universal set] - [the sum of the numbers of students given in the sets described in 2), 3) and 4) above]