So I was doing my homework and this is the chain of question I have.
"Use the point-slope form linear equation to complete problems 5-18" I got 5-10 need help with the rest
5. What is the slope of the given line? 4
6. What point does this line pass through, which is the basis of this equation? (-4,8)
7. Rewrite this equation in slope-intercept form. y= -4x+8
8. What is the y-intercept of this line? 8
9. Rewrite this equation in standard for(not sure if correct). y+4=-4(x-2)
10. What is the x-intercept of this line? -4
11. What is the equation in standard for of a perpendicular line that passes through(5,1)?
12. What is the x-intercept of the perpendicular line?
13. What is the equation in standard form of a parallel line that passes through (0,-2)?
14. On the parallel line, find the ordered pair where x=-2
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
You need to back up. Why do you say the slope is 1?
I though I said 4.
Sorry pressed the wrong key on the num lock
Not the answer you are looking for? Search for more explanations.
yeah, but if you solve it down you can make it into a positive, therefor I got it to a positive, should I keep it at negative?
It has to be negative. There's a big difference between slope of 4 (steep up slope) and slope of -4 (steep down slope). Now look again at your answer to 6 and see if that's what you really mean.
Okay. I will correct the rest of the answers! Thanks, can you help with the rest tough?
I think I have corrected it. Not sure if right tough.
The main thing you need for the rest is to remember that a perpendicular line has a slope that's the negative reciprocal of the line it's perpendicular to. So if one line has slope -4, a perpendicular line has slope 1/4.
You can get this but you have to take it step by step. Here's the point-slope form:\[y-y_0=m(x-x_0)\]In this equation, m is the slope, x_0 is the x-coordinate of a known point, and y_0 is the y-coordinate of that point. In the equation you're given, the number that corresponds to m is -4. The number that corresponds to y_0 is also -4, so you have that right. But you don't have the correct number for x_0.
You need to redo number 7 also. I hope you don't feel I'm picking on you! The equation in number 7 has to have a term that includes x.