A community for students.

Here's the question you clicked on:

55 members online
  • 0 replying
  • 0 viewing


  • 3 years ago

Hello all. I am just starting to work on my research paper at my university. I am bit confused in how to include references in my research paper. Is it Ok to use the MW word format of assigning foot notes to each of the refrences. Or is there a particular format that I have to use to college research papers.

  • This Question is Open
  1. jagatuba
    • 3 years ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    This is really a question that you should pose to your instructor or consult your student handbook because universities vary on what they want. Mine required APA formatted papers, but I know of others that require MLA. Whatever they require, I would avoid using the built-in MS Word reference tool. I don't know how well it performs with MLA, but it always failed to produce proper citations and reference pages in APA format. You would be better off doing everything manually, or if you must, shell out the $30 or so for Perrla (Perrla.com). Perrla is almost always up to date unless we are right around the release time of a new edition of the APA manual. It usually only takes them a few weeks to update to the current APA conventions.

  2. Not the answer you are looking for?
    Search for more explanations.

    • Attachments:

Ask your own question

Sign Up
Find more explanations on OpenStudy
Privacy Policy

Your question is ready. Sign up for free to start getting answers.

spraguer (Moderator)
5 → View Detailed Profile

is replying to Can someone tell me what button the professor is hitting...


  • Teamwork 19 Teammate
  • Problem Solving 19 Hero
  • You have blocked this person.
  • ✔ You're a fan Checking fan status...

Thanks for being so helpful in mathematics. If you are getting quality help, make sure you spread the word about OpenStudy.

This is the testimonial you wrote.
You haven't written a testimonial for Owlfred.