Got Homework?

Connect with other students for help. It's a free community.

  • across
    MIT Grad Student
    Online now
  • laura*
    Helped 1,000 students
    Online now
  • Hero
    College Math Guru
    Online now

Here's the question you clicked on:

55 members online
  • 0 replying
  • 0 viewing

PeterN12 Group Title

How do you change a repeating decimal to a fraction for example 1.0101.. please? Help!!

  • one year ago
  • one year ago

  • This Question is Open
  1. agent0smith Group Title
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    let n = 1.010101... Multiply it by 100: 100n = 101.010101... now subtract n from that 100n - n = 101.010101... - 1.010101... = 100 100n-n is 99n, so 99n = 100 now divide both sides by 99.

    • one year ago
    • Attachments:

See more questions >>>

Your question is ready. Sign up for free to start getting answers.

spraguer (Moderator)
5 → View Detailed Profile

is replying to Can someone tell me what button the professor is hitting...


  • Teamwork 19 Teammate
  • Problem Solving 19 Hero
  • You have blocked this person.
  • ✔ You're a fan Checking fan status...

Thanks for being so helpful in mathematics. If you are getting quality help, make sure you spread the word about OpenStudy.

This is the testimonial you wrote.
You haven't written a testimonial for Owlfred.