Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
Island of the Sharks
(1) Out in the Pacific Ocean is an island of unmatched beauty called Cocos. (2) It is also called "Island of the Sharks". (3) It's abundance of life are famous throughout the world. (4) Jewel-like fish circle the island's underwater reef, while hundreds of sharks have hunted them in packs. (5) Divers can also see huge manta rays octopuses green turtles and giant eels.
(6) Today, the island is uninhabited. (7) It was once frequented by pirates. (8) Some people believe that there is still treasure buried on the island. (9) Hundreds of expeditions have been formed to search for buried gold, but none has been found. (10) The real treasure of Cocos Island is its balanced, healthy ecosystem.
(11) Cocos Island is actually the peek of an extinct volcano. (12) When deep ocean currents reach the volcano, they have been forced upward. (13) These currents bring cold water that is rich in plant life and food to the surface. (14) Minute plants and animals, collectively known as plankton, grows when they are exposed to sunlight and food. (15) The plankton attract small fish. (16) The small fish attract larger fish. (17) Finally, the largest fish in the chain attract the sharks that give Cocos its nickname.
5) Sentences 6 and 7: Today, the island is uninhabited. It was once frequented by pirates.
Which is the most effective combination of sentences 6 and 7?
A. Today, the island frequented by pirates is uninhabited.
B. Once frequented by pirates, today, it is uninhabited.
C. Today, the island is uninhabited, but it was once frequented by pirates.
D. Today, the island is uninhabited it was once frequented by pirates.
E. Today, the island is uninhabited and it was once frequented by pirates.
you have 2 independent sentences..
(1) Today, the island is uninhabited -- independent sentence
(2) It was once frequented by pirates.
It is separated by a conjunction (but)...and when you use a conjunction, you need a comma before it....so the answer is C
i such at all this english i hate it and i have paper to do as well and i got bad grammer