A community for students.

Here's the question you clicked on:

55 members online
  • 0 replying
  • 0 viewing

anonymous

  • one year ago

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/ontoonex99/media/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-02%20at%207.37.12%20PM_zpseia5o480.png.html I need help number 18 and 20 please check number 18 did P(A and B)=P(A) X P(B) P(A and B) / P(B)= P(A) = 0.15/0.6 = 1/4 ?

  • This Question is Closed
  1. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    I would say \[ P(B|A)= \frac{P(A \cap B)}{P(A)} \] so \[ P(A)= \frac{P(A \cap B)}{P(B|A)} \] with P(B|A)= 0.6 and P(A \(\cap\) B) =0.15 from which you get P(A)= 0.25

  2. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    ok,Thanks, can you do number 20?

  3. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    For Q20 there are 20 marbles , 9 of them red. so 9/20 chance of choosing a red marble on the first pick. If you put the marble back in, then you will have 9/20 chance of picking red on the second pick, and 9/20 on the third. thus \[ \left(\frac{9}{20}\right)^3 \]

  4. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    If you do not replace the marble, then the chance of picking a red marble on the first pick is 9/20, on the second 8/19 and on the third 7/18 thus \[ \left( \frac{9}{20}\right)\left( \frac{8}{19}\right)\left( \frac{7}{18}\right) \]

  5. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    for part A, each time you pick is an independent event (because we put the marble back in the bag). That means each pick should be 9/20 and for multiple independent events, you multiply the individual probability to find the probability of all the events occurring.

  6. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    thanks , can you have me some more ?

  7. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    ok

  8. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    this one I no idea

  9. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    for event A, you count up the number of tiles that are consonants (the problem is y is sometimes a vowel e.g. fly, by, dry, or as a consonant e.g. you, yell, young, ...) not sure how to handle that.

  10. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    and of course for B, first count the number of tiles that are vowels.

  11. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    let me know if later you can solve , I need help if you can check my work it correct

  12. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    can you check my answer ?

  13. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    Let's assume y is only a consonant. then there are 42 vowels, 2 blanks, 56 consonants the chance of choosing a consonant on the first draw is 56/100 and the chance of choosing a vowel on the 2nd draw is 42/99

  14. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    and we multiply (56/100)*(42/99)

  15. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    http://s296.photobucket.com/user/ontoonex99/media/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-02%20at%205.56.17%20PM_zpstctblc9x.png.html \[\frac{ 1 }{6 }\] \[\frac{ 1 }{ 6 } . of .60 = 10 ?\]

  16. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    yes, and the 4 spot came up 10 times

  17. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    ok, next http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm168/ontoonex99/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-02%20at%205.56.23%20PM_zpscjpwjnoy.png \[\frac{ 1 }{ 5 }\times30?\]

  18. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    yes, so the black marble.

  19. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    thanks,next http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm168/ontoonex99/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-02%20at%205.56.08%20PM_zpszlf9z9b0.png \[\frac{ 179 }{ 2237 }=0.0800\] 0.0800 x 100= 8% ?

  20. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    I would leave the answer as 0.08

  21. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    thanks http://s296.photobucket.com/user/ontoonex99/media/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-02%20at%205.56.29%20PM_zpsfhmscrjx.png.html \[\frac{ 526 }{ 2392 }?\]

  22. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    yes

  23. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm168/ontoonex99/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-02%20at%206.19.45%20PM_zpshyvuxfv0.png \[5<30 <80<90\]

  24. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    your picture of the weather does not match up with 9/12000

  25. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    let me check

  26. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    for the weather question I think they want you to order A , B, C , D from least to most likely

  27. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    ok, http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm168/ontoonex99/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-02%20at%206.20.56%20PM_zpsldqx0cs1.png \[\frac{ 9 }{ 12000 }?\]

  28. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    9/1200 (not 12000) and expected number of defects is 9/1200 * 15000

  29. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    \[\frac{ 9 }{ 1200 }\times1500?\]

  30. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    yes

  31. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    let go back to number 22 D<B<A<C ?

  32. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    chance of rain on Fri is 5%, so chance of no rain is 95% i.e. D has prob= 95%

  33. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    and they want the order smallest to biggest. D will be the biggest chance.

  34. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    what numbers do you get for A, B , C and D ? for A and C, read off the number from the chart for B and D, do 100 - what is on the chart.

  35. phi
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    I get A 80, B 70, C 90, D 95

  36. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    thanks you . Take me so long ti fix out , http://s296.photobucket.com/user/ontoonex99/media/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-02%20at%207.35.09%20PM_zpse2zctvy9.png.html 3) Dependent 4) independent

  37. Not the answer you are looking for?
    Search for more explanations.

    • Attachments:

Ask your own question

Sign Up
Find more explanations on OpenStudy
Privacy Policy

Your question is ready. Sign up for free to start getting answers.

spraguer (Moderator)
5 → View Detailed Profile

is replying to Can someone tell me what button the professor is hitting...

23

  • Teamwork 19 Teammate
  • Problem Solving 19 Hero
  • You have blocked this person.
  • ✔ You're a fan Checking fan status...

Thanks for being so helpful in mathematics. If you are getting quality help, make sure you spread the word about OpenStudy.

This is the testimonial you wrote.
You haven't written a testimonial for Owlfred.