1. Who was the first person to calculate the circumference of the Earth and coined the word "geography"? Stratosphere
2. He successfully applied his scientific research to create an illustration of the first world map. Anaximander
3. He invented a globe and argued that the representation of the world as a flat, two-dimensional object was not accurate. Ptolemy
4. He developed the science of geography, although he was better known for his contributions to mathematics. Stratosphere
5. The Greek-derived word "geography" means to describe the Earth.
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
Hey there!!! Since you are new here, read this legendary tutorial for new OpenStudiers!!
For an visual tutorial look at this! Its amazing :o
Also consider reading the CoC and the T&C http://openstudy.com/code-of-conducthttp://openstudy.com/terms-and-conditions
6. China's greatest contribution to geography was. The compass.
7. The earliest world map ever found was carved on a Babylonian clay tablet that showed Earth as a flat, circular disk.
8. Ptolemy incorporated topography into his maps, which means that the mountain and valley surfaces would appear on the map.
9. This early group was the first to use rational thought or logic while investigating the physical world. Greeks
10. It is believed that the science of geography originated with each of the following groups except the. British