At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
2. What does the author describe in this passage? The sun beat down on the pavement, causing a mirage on the road ahead. Francis looked at his watch. It was noon. Sweat trickled down his back. He had a long walk ahead to make his appointment. conflict character setting climax
3. Which of the following is not a strategy for reading literature? reading ahead asking questions making predictions choosing a topic
4. While Reyna was driving to work, her car engine sputtered, stopped, and started smoking. Reyna pulled over to the side of the road and got out of her car. Suddenly, the engine caught fire and started burning out of control. She called her office to say she was running late. “I’m having a little car trouble,” she told her boss. Which literary device did the author use in the passage? allegory paradox understatement symbolism
5.Which of the following statements about paragraph variety is true? One way to create variety and interest for the reader is to reorganize paragraphs slightly. Paragraph variety is achieved by writing short paragraphs. Paragraphs in an essay should all be organized the same way. Paragraph variety is not important in essays.
6. Tomorrow, I first have to take Jimmy to the doctor, then to the dentist, and finally to the new school to get him registered. Which organizational structure is used? order of importance spatial order list chronological order
7. Read the poem “Nothing Gold Can Stay,” by Robert Frost. Nature's first green is gold, Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower; But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf. So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day. Nothing gold can stay. Which line of the poem expresses the theme that youth passes quickly? Then leaf subsides to leaf Nature's first green is gold So Eden sank to grief But only so an hour
you might want to delete the last couple of questions because no one will help you with this many questions ....ill answer the first one but you need to create other questions
the shorelines one i think is wrong because they are talking about the creature in the water and not where the water is found .
there is only 7 questions. that is not a lot at all. if no one helps then so be it.
1 is C because barnacles and boats have nothing to do with pools, 2 is conflict because h has a long walk ahead of him, 3 is reading ahead because that can backfire on you if you miss a point from your teacher. 4 would be understatement because the main character said a "little car trouble" as her car engine was burning, 5 is A (not sure on that one), 6 is either a list or chronological order, i'm thinking chronological order, and 7 is but only so an hour, because its referring to nature as it changes form with time
thank you so much!
No problem :)
on 6.. i was thinking it was spatial order. bc i thought chronological order had to do with time an spatial was order of importance...?
Spacial order is sed when you're talking about physical objects and you're moving from the left to the right, so i dont think it would be that one
oh! okay lol