If you could perform just one exercise to improve the muscular condition of your lower body, which should you choose to obtain the most benefit?
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
Fabio is obese and is trying to embrace a healthier diet and physical activity routine. Fabio's mother always buys high-fat snack foods, yet never buys fruits and vegetables. Fabio would like his mother to purchase healthier snacks. Fabio should
be direct and honest about his concerns and requests.
blame his mother for his obesity.
use sarcasm to enhance his message.
use nonverbal communication.
17. Josephine performs a muscular training routine at least three times per week using dumbbells in her bedroom. Lately she has been finding excuses to not do her workouts and is starting to miss one or two sessions each week. Which training principle does she need to consider to get her workouts back on track?
18. The ability of muscles to repeat movement over a period of time is called muscular
19. After thinking about all of your options, you have chosen to confront your friend about her choice to smoke cigarettes. Unfortunately, she became very defensive during the conversation and she is not returning your phone calls. To best evaluate your decision, you should ask yourself:
"What is the problem?"
"What are the choices I could make?"
"What was the outcome of my choice?"
"What are the consequences of each choice?"
20. Peers can influence their friends in both healthy and unhealthy ways. Chau is trying to lose weight because he is having difficulty keeping up with his friends. Which of the following statements shows how Chau's friends influence him in a healthy way?
"Chau, join us tonight at the all-you-can eat buffet."
"Chau, we are going for ice cream after the movie. One scoop won't hurt."
"Chau, we are going to skip the workout today so we can play the latest video game."
"Chau, I know this is hard for you. I will let you pick the exercise today and I will pick tomorrow."
21. After a recent football game, many of the fans left garbage on the ground rather than putting it in the waste receptacles. This behavior demonstrates a lack of
22. Stephanie is a 18 year old female. She measures her height at 6'0" and her weight is 133 pounds. Health-related risks associated with BMIs in this range include
certain types of cancer.
excess stored energy.
lack of organ protection.
23. Todd is educating a group of students about the dangers of inhalants. Which of the following statements would be appropriate when referring to inhalant use and its consequences? These products may cause
burning of brain cells faster than any other drug.
decreased alertness, confusion, drowsiness, and lack of coordination.
slowing of the nervous system.
sweating, loss of appetite, dry mouth, and tremors.
24. Which of the following tools and activities would best measure muscular endurance?
Using a pedometer during a mile run test.
Using a ruler to measure sit and reach results.
Using a stopwatch to count the number of pull-ups performed.
Using a scale to measure body weight.
25. Evan has been working hard at soccer practice. He is experiencing symptoms such as rapid heart rate, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, confusion, agitation and a high fever of over 104 degrees Fahrenheit. It is very likely that Evan is suffering from a heat illness called
26. In which of the following scenarios does heredity have the most influence?
Shawna chooses not to use dangerous substances just like her mom.
Enrique develops symptoms of type I diabetes just like his dad.
Sally contracts chicken pox at age four, just like her sister.
Emily smokes a cigarette for the first time at age 19, just like her brother.
27. Lamar is in charge of hosting a fundraiser for the nature club at his school. Everyone in the club has great ideas about how to raise money, but they cannot decide who will do the tasks necessary to make the fundraiser happen. This team would receive most benefit from
a clear explanation of goals and deadlines.
a question and answer session.
additional training in effective fundraising.
watching an inspirational teamwork video.
28. Performing leg extensions on a workout machine requires the lower body muscles to apply
29. Which of the following strategies would help prevent transmission of a sexually transmitted infection?
avoiding regular reproductive exams
having multiple sexual partners
unprotected sexual activity
30. Today is Orlando's 29th birthday. After several years of inactivity, he has decided he would like to complete a marathon on his 30th birthday. He has written down several short-term goals that will support his long-term goal of actually running the marathon. Orlando's first short-term physical activity goal is to run continuously for one mile. Orlando is likely to also experience increased