A community for students.

Here's the question you clicked on:

55 members online
  • 0 replying
  • 0 viewing

ashontae19

  • one year ago

Anyone good at charts will give medals??

  • This Question is Closed
  1. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    hit me

  2. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    go for it

  3. ashontae19
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    ANYONE PLEASE HELP

  4. taramgrant0543664
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    So, I don't know if I'm right but I tried to work it out so what I did was I found the total number of people that were in this set of data. For each of the incomes and genders I took the number of people and divided it by the total number of people so that I could compare the numbers out of 100 as this would show the probable outcome. I don't know if this makes sense but I hope it helps in some way!

  5. ashontae19
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    Thank you im just confused what the answer supposed to be

  6. taramgrant0543664
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    I feel like once you see the numbers out of 100 it is easier to compare. Once you do the math certain ones there is a bigger gap and for other ones its pretty similar for this study.

  7. ashontae19
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    ok thankyou what are suppose to compare

  8. ashontae19
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    i know male and female but are we suppose to right for the answer like a equation or something or an explanation

  9. taramgrant0543664
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    I think it would just be an explanation but you could also compare the amount of money made with in the gender. The difference between the males and females really varies because if you look for females there is 28% that make less than 40,000 but only 22% of the males earn less than that. But you also have to look more females have the lesser pain jobs and there is more males in the higher paying jobs.

  10. ashontae19
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    it says show all the calculations you use and write a conclusion im trying to figure out what are we trying to work out to get calculations

  11. taramgrant0543664
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    The finding of the probabilities will be your calculations

  12. ashontae19
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    can you give me example ?

  13. taramgrant0543664
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    So there are a total of 353 people that they asked. There are 31 females that make less than 10000. So 31/353= 0.0878 which is 8.78%. There are only 15 males in this category so 15/353=0.0425 which is 4.25%. When you do the other ones you will notice that there is a better chance of finding a female in a lesser paying job than a male. You will also notice that in those being payed over 100,000 that it is almost equal so if you were to randomly select a person in that category it is almost 50/50 chance of picking either or but in the under 10,000 if you were to randomly select someone there is a 75% chance of picking a female and a 25% chance of picking a male

  14. ashontae19
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    thank you so we suppose to do this for each category ?

  15. taramgrant0543664
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    Sorry I got caught up helping someone else but from what it says I would talk about each of them it doesn't have to be really long it can be pretty brief as long as you get the point across

  16. ashontae19
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    ok thankyou very much for your help

  17. taramgrant0543664
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    No problem!

  18. Not the answer you are looking for?
    Search for more explanations.

    • Attachments:

Ask your own question

Sign Up
Find more explanations on OpenStudy
Privacy Policy

Your question is ready. Sign up for free to start getting answers.

spraguer (Moderator)
5 → View Detailed Profile

is replying to Can someone tell me what button the professor is hitting...

23

  • Teamwork 19 Teammate
  • Problem Solving 19 Hero
  • You have blocked this person.
  • ✔ You're a fan Checking fan status...

Thanks for being so helpful in mathematics. If you are getting quality help, make sure you spread the word about OpenStudy.

This is the testimonial you wrote.
You haven't written a testimonial for Owlfred.