A community for students.

Here's the question you clicked on:

55 members online
  • 0 replying
  • 0 viewing

anonymous

  • one year ago

Jacob makes the following statement: "I have a 60% chance of being selected as the captain of the baseball team and a 20% chance of being elected student body president." What is the probability that Jacob will be selected as the captain of the baseball team and will be elected student body president? 80% 40% 12% 8%

  • This Question is Closed
  1. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    FAN AND MEDAL

  2. Vocaloid
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    in probability, "and" usually means multiply probability of being selected for both baseball team and student body president = (probability of being selected for the baseball team)*(probability of being selected as student body president) = (0.60)*(0.2)

  3. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    0.12

  4. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    yes or 12%

  5. Not the answer you are looking for?
    Search for more explanations.

    • Attachments:

Ask your own question

Sign Up
Find more explanations on OpenStudy
Privacy Policy

Your question is ready. Sign up for free to start getting answers.

spraguer (Moderator)
5 → View Detailed Profile

is replying to Can someone tell me what button the professor is hitting...

23

  • Teamwork 19 Teammate
  • Problem Solving 19 Hero
  • You have blocked this person.
  • ✔ You're a fan Checking fan status...

Thanks for being so helpful in mathematics. If you are getting quality help, make sure you spread the word about OpenStudy.

This is the testimonial you wrote.
You haven't written a testimonial for Owlfred.