what evidence do scientists have that Pangaea existed?
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
Well for a fact i know that the countries are like "puzzle pieces" in a way they all connect let me see if i can find more info
heres a list :)
There is much evidence that Pangaea existed and that the seven continents used to be as one. Here are just some:
1. The most obvious piece of evidence is that the eastern coast of South America fits almost perfectly with the western coast of Africa.
2. In the fossil record, remains of the therapsid Lystrosaurus as well as the plant Glossopteris have been found in South Africa, India, and Australia, three regions currently separated by thousands of miles of ocean.
3. Similarly, fossils of the freshwater reptile Mesosaurus have been found on the coasts of Brazil and West Africa.
4. A polar ice cap covered the southern end of Pangaea during the Carboniferous period, and glacial deposits of the same age and structure are found throughout the southern continents.
5. The continuity of mountain chains also provides evidence. For example, the Appalachian Mountains extend from the northeastern US to the Caledonides of Ireland, Britain, and Scandinavia.
6. Paleomagnetic study of rocks can help scientists reconstruct the exact positions of continents at specific points in Earth's history.
7. There is direct evidence from very accurate measuring techniques that the movement of the continents is continuing today.