An air of stern, deep, and irredeemable gloom hung over and pervaded all.
What is the effect of the word irredeemable in this description of the room?
a) It suggests the atmosphere cannot be altered at this point.
b) It suggests the atmosphere seeps into newcomers.
c) It suggests the atmosphere is unforgiving to Usher.
d) It suggests the atmosphere has little worth trying to save.
I think it's c
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
By definition, redeem means to recover or compensate. Irredeemable means exactly the opposite. Naturally, I would say A, but I have no idea who Usher is as this question most likely pertains to a story I have not read. A seems the most logical to me, though.
Mason has determined a focus and refined a thesis statement for his research project. What is the most useful next step in the writing process for Mason?
1) Conduct further research to consider a different thesis statement and focus.
2) Draft an introductory and concluding paragraph for the research.
3) Group the information into a logical pattern and connect to the thesis.
4) Outline the paper, using the thesis statement to focus each section.
Refined makes me think he already did additional research, so I would go with the outline
Not the answer you are looking for? Search for more explanations.
Read these two sentences:
The number of nursing students has nearly doubled this year.
The majority of the new students are male.
Which transition word correctly links the two sentences?
I think it's 1 or 4
Well, "consequently" suggests cause and effect, so that can't be it. However suggests that there is an opposing side, which their isn't. "Thus" suggests cause and effect as well. Therefore, your answer is Additionally
A student is concluding an essay about the benefits of fuel-efficient cars. Which of the following would best conclude that essay?
1) Using oil as a fuel has negative consequences for the environment.
2) More efficient cars are interesting to many people not learning to drive.
3) We make change happen by taking an interest in the choices we have.
Increasing fuel efficiency can help us both financially and ethically.
I think it’s 2
Which option presents citation information in the most credible way?
1) According to an unknown author, the data are "flawed significantly" (90).
2) According to the book Counting the Beans, the data are unsound (90).
3) According to the book Counting the Beans, the data are "flawed."
4) According to a new book written by an unknown source, the data are significantly wrong.
I think it’s 3
For the first one, I think you're right.
Whenever you cite something, at least with a book, you have to cite the page number. This makes me lean towards #1 for question 2
Last one for now lol
Decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court that redefine and limit rights such as freedom of speech come about primarily because of which of the following?
1) Arguments made by legislative lobbyists
2) Conflict between government control and individual rights
3) Continued study of the founding documents
4) Evolution of the understanding of the ideals of freedom
I have no idea but I'm leaning on 2 or 3 @Zedditup
I'm leaning towards 2 or 4, honestly. We need a second opinion