A community for students.

Here's the question you clicked on:

55 members online
  • 0 replying
  • 0 viewing

anonymous

  • one year ago

On a math test the mean score is 82 with a standard deviation of 3. A passing score is 70 or greater. Choose a passing score that you would consider to be the outlier.

  • This Question is Closed
  1. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    71

  2. amistre64
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    hmm, what is your courses definition for outlier? in my day it was anything under 5% and over 95%

  3. amistre64
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    or maybe that was 5% split between the tails

  4. amistre64
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    at any rate, 95% was considered withing reason, and abnormal stuff was the remaining 5%

  5. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    Haha

  6. Not the answer you are looking for?
    Search for more explanations.

    • Attachments:

Ask your own question

Sign Up
Find more explanations on OpenStudy
Privacy Policy

Your question is ready. Sign up for free to start getting answers.

spraguer (Moderator)
5 → View Detailed Profile

is replying to Can someone tell me what button the professor is hitting...

23

  • Teamwork 19 Teammate
  • Problem Solving 19 Hero
  • You have blocked this person.
  • ✔ You're a fan Checking fan status...

Thanks for being so helpful in mathematics. If you are getting quality help, make sure you spread the word about OpenStudy.

This is the testimonial you wrote.
You haven't written a testimonial for Owlfred.