***HELP*** This year, 75% of the graduating class of Harriet Tubman High School had taken at least 8 math courses. Of the remaining class members, 60% had taken 6 or 7 math courses. What percent of the graduating class had taken fewer than 6 math courses? PLEASE EXPLAIN WELL, thank you very much!

At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.

Get our expert's

answer on brainly

SEE EXPERT ANSWER

Get your free account and access expert answers to this and thousands of other questions.

A community for students.

***HELP*** This year, 75% of the graduating class of Harriet Tubman High School had taken at least 8 math courses. Of the remaining class members, 60% had taken 6 or 7 math courses. What percent of the graduating class had taken fewer than 6 math courses? PLEASE EXPLAIN WELL, thank you very much!

Mathematics
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.

Get this expert

answer on brainly

SEE EXPERT ANSWER

Get your free account and access expert answers to this and thousands of other questions

If 75% of the class had taken at least 8 math courses, then that means the other 25% had taken less than 8. Also, if 60% had taken 6 or 7 math courses, then that leaves the other 40% to have taken 5 or less math courses. 60% of that 25% had 6+ classes that leaves 40% of that 25% with fewer than 6 classes.
It would be easier to solve/work with if the numbers are actually known. You just need to calculate the 25% of the 75%. The 25% of the class is who took fewer than 8. But it's also said that 60% took 6 or 7 classes. The rest of the 40% (taken from the 60) must have had 6 classes or less. Take 25% and turn it into 25. Let's say that 25% of the graduating class is 25. Multiply 25 by 40% to receive the percentage of the graduating class who took less than 6 math courses.
25 • 40% = 10... So it's 10 percent right? That's what I got? Also how you get 25 % that's where I get kind of confuse? Sorry. I'm just confuse. Thank you so much for your help! Means a lot!

Not the answer you are looking for?

Search for more explanations.

Ask your own question

Other answers:

Yep... 10% of the graduating class took less than 6 classes. Also, I got 25% from 100%-75%. It's mentioned that 75% of the graduating class took 8 classes, so that meant that the rest of the class, which was the 25% took less than 8.
Oh okay... So you also did the same to the 60% you subtracted the 100% - 60% and got 40%. Okay. But how you get 100? Sorry! For all these questions! I just wanna understand it and not just get the answer.
Hey, sorry for the late reply! I got 100 because of the 100%.
100% of the graduating class, that is.

Not the answer you are looking for?

Search for more explanations.

Ask your own question