A community for students.

Here's the question you clicked on:

55 members online
  • 0 replying
  • 0 viewing

anonymous

  • one year ago

a new study finds that the incidence of heart attack while taking a certain diabetes drug is less than 5%. Should a person with diabetes take this drug? Should they take the drug if the risk is less than 1%? Explain your reasoning. Someone please help I do not understand what this question is asking me !!

  • This Question is Closed
  1. UnkleRhaukus
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    is 5% probability likely , or unlikely?

  2. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    it does not say wether or not it is likely or unlikely

  3. UnkleRhaukus
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    100% probability means it will definitely happen 0% probability means it will definitely not happen 50% probability means it will happen half the time

  4. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    i am guessing it is 5% out of 100%

  5. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    yes

  6. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    its a pretty high probability for a drug

  7. UnkleRhaukus
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    if 100 people took the diabetes drug, you could expect about 5 of them to have a heart attack

  8. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    yeah i think i figured out what they are asking me . & no unklerhaukus, it is saying if someone was taking the drugs they would have 5 or 1 % chance of having a heart attack and 95 or 99 % chance of not having one . i figured it out, but thank you guys!

  9. Not the answer you are looking for?
    Search for more explanations.

    • Attachments:

Ask your own question

Sign Up
Find more explanations on OpenStudy
Privacy Policy

Your question is ready. Sign up for free to start getting answers.

spraguer (Moderator)
5 → View Detailed Profile

is replying to Can someone tell me what button the professor is hitting...

23

  • Teamwork 19 Teammate
  • Problem Solving 19 Hero
  • You have blocked this person.
  • ✔ You're a fan Checking fan status...

Thanks for being so helpful in mathematics. If you are getting quality help, make sure you spread the word about OpenStudy.

This is the testimonial you wrote.
You haven't written a testimonial for Owlfred.