A community for students.

Here's the question you clicked on:

55 members online
  • 0 replying
  • 0 viewing

anonymous

  • one year ago

Lara makes the following statement: "There is an 80% chance of rain tomorrow and a 10% chance I will go to the park." What is the chance that it will rain tomorrow and Lara will go to the park? 90% 70% 8% 6%

  • This Question is Closed
  1. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    A = it rains tomorrow B = you go to the park P(A and B) = P(A) * P(B) only if the two events are independent

  2. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    do you know the answer

  3. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    yeah just multiply the probabilities

  4. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    whats that

  5. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    the 80% and 10%

  6. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    it gives me 800

  7. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    hello

  8. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    you should do 0.8 times 0.1

  9. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    80% = 0.8 10% = 0.1

  10. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    ok thanks can you help me with some more

  11. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    sure, one more

  12. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    The table below shows the number of marbles of different colors in a bag: Color of Marbles Number of Marbles Pink 5 Blue 2 Green 3 Ursula draws a marble from the bag randomly without looking. She then draws another marble from the bag without replacing the first one. Which expression shows the probability of drawing green marbles in both the trials?

  13. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    show me what you have so far

  14. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    what do you mean

  15. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    i can show you the answers

  16. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    I want to see how far you got

  17. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    i didnt try it yet

  18. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    give it a try

  19. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    ill give you a metal or 2

  20. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    hello

  21. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    jim

  22. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    what is the probability of drawing 1 green marble?

  23. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    hint: look at the number of green and the number total

  24. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    wat

  25. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    how many green marbles are there

  26. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    3

  27. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    out of how many total?

  28. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    10

  29. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    so the probability of getting green is 3/10 that's the first draw

  30. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    on the second draw, we do NOT replace the marble so we have 2 green out of 9 total the probability of getting another green on the second draw is 2/9

  31. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    multiply 3/10 and 2/9 to get your answer

  32. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    reduce the answer as much as possible

  33. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    times or addition

  34. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 3

    multiply means times

  35. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    i know i didnt read it properly

  36. Not the answer you are looking for?
    Search for more explanations.

    • Attachments:

Ask your own question

Sign Up
Find more explanations on OpenStudy
Privacy Policy

Your question is ready. Sign up for free to start getting answers.

spraguer (Moderator)
5 → View Detailed Profile

is replying to Can someone tell me what button the professor is hitting...

23

  • Teamwork 19 Teammate
  • Problem Solving 19 Hero
  • You have blocked this person.
  • ✔ You're a fan Checking fan status...

Thanks for being so helpful in mathematics. If you are getting quality help, make sure you spread the word about OpenStudy.

This is the testimonial you wrote.
You haven't written a testimonial for Owlfred.