A community for students.

Here's the question you clicked on:

55 members online
  • 0 replying
  • 0 viewing

kosonge

  • one year ago

Will medal and fan

  • This Question is Closed
  1. kosonge
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    What is the independent variable in this experiment? What is the dependent variable in this experiment? What is the control in this experiment? What are the constants in this experiment? Write another hypothesis that could have been tested by this experiment. Why was it important not to let the thermometer rest on the bottom of the beaker? Salt is often spread on roads during winter to prevent ice from forming. Do you think sugar would work as well? Explain your answer.

  2. kosonge
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    Did the student use good scientific methods &tring this experiment? Objective: I know that pure water freezes at 0oC, so I want to see how adding different substances to water changes the freezing point. I will measure the freezing point of pure water, water mixed with salt, water mixed with sugar, and water mixed with alcohol. Hypothesis: The saltwater solution will have the lowest freezing point. Details of the Experiment: First, I made my solutions. I poured one cup of water into Beaker 1 and set it aside. I poured one oup of water into Beaker 2 and then added one tablespoon of salt, stirring the solution until the salt was completely dissolved. I poured one cup of water into Beaker 3 and then added one tablespoon of sugar, again stirring the solution until the sugar was completely dissolved, I poured one cup of 40 percent isopropyl alcohol-the other 60 percent is pure water-into Beaker 4. Next, I made a mixture of slurry ice in a large bowl by combining water, ice, and salt. I placed Beaker 1 into the slurry ice mixture and began stirring the pure water with a thermometer. I made sure the thermometer didn't touch the bottom of the beaker as I stirred, As soon as ice crystals began forming on the water in the beaker, I read the temperature on the thermometer and recorded the result. I repeated this procedure for the other three solutions. Itesults: Freezing point of Beaker 1 (plain water): -0.5"C Freezing point of Beaker 2 (saltwater solution): -4.5"C Freezing point of Beaker 3 (sugar water solution): -4.5'C Freezing point of Beaker 4 (40% isopropyl alcohol): -17 .5'C Conclusion; My hypothesis was not cotrect. A solution of alcohol and water will lrave the lowest freezingpoint. Comments: I was surprised to see that both the sugar ancl salt solutions had the same freezing point. I also thought that alcohol, which is a liquid, would affect the freezing point less than a solid, like salt or sugar,

  3. kosonge
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    I know 5 and 7 1 need help on 1 2 3 4 6

  4. kosonge
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    @Nnesha

  5. kosonge
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    @Luigi0210

  6. kosonge
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    @zepdrix

  7. kosonge
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    @welshfella

  8. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    Post your answers. Post your best guess on the other ones and we can go from there.

  9. Not the answer you are looking for?
    Search for more explanations.

    • Attachments:

Ask your own question

Sign Up
Find more explanations on OpenStudy
Privacy Policy

Your question is ready. Sign up for free to start getting answers.

spraguer (Moderator)
5 → View Detailed Profile

is replying to Can someone tell me what button the professor is hitting...

23

  • Teamwork 19 Teammate
  • Problem Solving 19 Hero
  • You have blocked this person.
  • ✔ You're a fan Checking fan status...

Thanks for being so helpful in mathematics. If you are getting quality help, make sure you spread the word about OpenStudy.

This is the testimonial you wrote.
You haven't written a testimonial for Owlfred.