identify the type of irony used in the following scenario: you are watching a cartoon of a cat chasing a mouse outside in a yard. you see the mouse run under a fence to get away from the cat. behind the fence, you see a big dog sleeping. the cat, feeling smart and superior, decides to run around the fence to get the mouse.
A) verbal irony
B) dramatic irony
C) situational irony
2) identify the complete predicate in the sentence below.
"the settlers traveled west in covered wagons"
A) traveled west
B) settlers traveled
C) traveled west in covered wagons
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
3) identify the simple subject and verb in the sentence below.
" Soon, telegraph lines provided additional communication to the city."
1. Process of elimination leads me to believe that it is B, dramatic irony.
2. The complete predicate is basically the verb and everything that follows....so it would be : C -- traveled west in covered wagons.
3. simple subject -- lines : verb -- provided.