Can someone check my work?
1. D'où es-tu?
2. Où habites-tu?
3. Comment t'appelles-tu?
4. Comment est ta famille?
5. Comment s'appellent-ils?
1. Je suis du Vietnam.
2. Je habite à Miami.
3. Je m'appelle Yukari.
4. Ma famille est très bien!
5. Ils s'appellent John, Kim, et Justin.
Language and Culture
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
Your answer are mostly correct, with the following adjustments needed.
2. do not forget the "élision" when you write "Je" before another word beginning with a vowel.
For example, instead of writing "Je adore l'école." You would write "J'adore l'école."
4. Literal translation of the question is "how is your family", but that's not what it means, as you can tell by the next sentence. It is actually asking you to say something about the family, the composition, what they look like, do they work, do they go to school, etc. For example, you could say, "I have a husband, a daughter and a son." You could also mentino how old your children are.
Note: asking how your family is (only when they know you have a family) would use the verbe "aller".
5. Correct, well done.
Now the question is asking for their names, knowing that you have, perhaps,
Oh okay so then
2. J'habite à Miami..
4. Ma famille est petite (it would be with the e since famille is fem. right?). Ma mère a quarante ans, mon père a quarante et un ans, et mon frère a treize ans.
Would that be okay?
Not the answer you are looking for? Search for more explanations.
All look good. Well done.
Just for information.
There are two spelling standards in French, the old one and the new (reformed) one proposed in about 1990 and introduced in schools since 2008. So you may want to ask your teacher which one you should adopt. Whichever you choose, I suggest you be consistent, i.e. either old or new, but not mixed.
"quarante et un" (old) falls into one of the changes to "quanante-et-un", i.e.composite words of all numbers under 100 use hyphens.
See for example:
You will see that spellings for numbers are very precise in French.