What was the economic situation in Japan around 1930? Why was this?
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
1) What was the economic situation in Japan around 1930? Why was this?
2) Who dominated the government in Japan at this time? What was their ambition?
3) Describe the international economic situation that fueled military conflict among nations. How did Japan fit into this situation?
4) Who was General Hideki Tojo?
5) Explain what an "ideology" is? What ideology was propagated by the Japanese leaders to unite the country behind the war? Explain what role belief in the emperor's special status played in the ideology. What role did racism play — the belief in the special qualities of Japanese and other Asian peoples?
6) Give an example of a situation where the Japanese felt insulted by what they perceived as the racism of Western countries.
7) Was Japan the first country to try to dominate other countries in Asia? Explain.
8) Why did it seem logical to the Japanese that they, rather than the European powers, should be dominant in Asia?
9) Explain the economic reasons for establishing colonies. What in particular did Japan hope to gain from its colonies?
10) Why did Japan attack the United States at Pearl Harbor?Was Japan the first country to try to dominate other countries in Asia? Explain.
11) In what ways was the Japanese attack a tactical miscalculation?
12) In what sense could you say that Japan actually defeated itself? Explain.
"The economic history of Japan is most studied for the spectacular social and economic growth in the 1800s after the Meiji Restoration, when it became the first non-European power, and for the expansion after the Second World War, when Japan recovered from devastation to become the world's second largest economy behind the United States, and from 2013 behind China as well. Scholars have evaluated the nation's unique economic position during the Cold War, with exports going to both U.S. and Soviet aligned powers, and have taken keen interest in the situation of the post-Cold War period of the Japanese 'lost decades'.
please have a look here for details...