A community for students.

Here's the question you clicked on:

55 members online
  • 0 replying
  • 0 viewing

anonymous

  • one year ago

The density of a solution of sucrose is 1.0678g/cc, and it is 17.00 percent by mass. What volume of solution in milliliters do you need to supply 41.0g of surcrose

  • This Question is Closed
  1. Rushwr
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    @Photon336

  2. Photon336
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    @Rushwr sorry cc what unit is that?

  3. Rushwr
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    cubic centimeter

  4. Rushwr
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    @Photon336 if the solution is 17% by mass then the other 83% should sucrose?

  5. Rushwr
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    be ^

  6. Photon336
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    \[\frac{ 1.0678g }{ cm ^{3} }\] @Rushwr I think that 17% by mass is it's 17% sucrose by mass @peachpi what do you think?

  7. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    that's what I think as well

  8. Rushwr
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    Then I guess the mass of solution is 83%

  9. Photon336
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    I think that can find % by volume if i'm correct from that

  10. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    so if there's 41 g of sucrose, then the mass of the whole solution is 0.17x=41 x=241.2 g ?

  11. Photon336
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    \[\frac{ 41 }{ x } = \frac{ 17 }{ 100 }\] x = 241.2 grams @peachpi I totally agree

  12. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    and then from that I think use the density to find volume

  13. Rushwr
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    yeah neh !

  14. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    thank you so much guys!!! @peachpi @Rushwr @Photon336

  15. Rushwr
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    I didn't do anythn though !!!!!! Sorry about that !

  16. Photon336
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    \[\frac{ 1.067g }{ cm ^{3} } = \frac{ 241.2g }{ x}\] I guess if we had this amount of grams not sure about this

  17. Photon336
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    no wait I think that's wrong that's the mass by volume that has to be converted to cm^3 but the conversion factor is 1:1

  18. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    I think you end up the same place though\[\rho=\frac{ m }{ V }\] \[V=\frac{ m }{ \rho }=\frac{241~g}{1.0678~g/cm^3}\]

  19. Photon336
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 1

    interesting thanks @peachpi

  20. Not the answer you are looking for?
    Search for more explanations.

    • Attachments:

Ask your own question

Sign Up
Find more explanations on OpenStudy
Privacy Policy

Your question is ready. Sign up for free to start getting answers.

spraguer (Moderator)
5 → View Detailed Profile

is replying to Can someone tell me what button the professor is hitting...

23

  • Teamwork 19 Teammate
  • Problem Solving 19 Hero
  • You have blocked this person.
  • ✔ You're a fan Checking fan status...

Thanks for being so helpful in mathematics. If you are getting quality help, make sure you spread the word about OpenStudy.

This is the testimonial you wrote.
You haven't written a testimonial for Owlfred.