1. Which layer of the Earth do Convection Currents occur in? (1pt) The mantle
2. Explain how these convection currents cause the crust of the Earth to
3. According to the Theory of Continental Drift, what did the Earth’s continents look like 255 million years ago? What is the name of this landmass? (2pts)
Like one big supercontinent. It was called Pangaea.
4.What is the Petoskey Stone and where was it found? (2pts)
5. How does the Petoskey Stone help prove the Theory of Continental drift? (5pts)
6. How does the shape and size of the continents today help support the Theory of Continental Drift? (5pts)
If you cut out the continents, they fit together like a puzzle
7. Explain how looking at the magnetism of certain rocks helps support the idea that the continents have moved and changed over time. (5pts)
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
Read the 2nd para in that tab ! And write ur answer I'll check it for you !
currents in the mantle occur because of convection?
the question asks u to explain how it happens ! SO it would be the rest of the 2nd para. U have to tell how the mantle slides and all. For a full answer u have to write everything in the 2nd para except for the phrase " current occur due to convection " okai ?
or is it The cooler, upper portion of the mantle that is in contact with the crust sinks, while the hotter, lower portion of the mantle that is in with hotter liquid from the asthenosphere heats up and rises. This circular motion of the liquid rock disperses heat and causes the crust to move @Rushwr