Classify the following data as nominal, ordinal, interval or ratio.
1 Date of high-school graduation. Nominal
2 The numbers on the Lakers' jerseys. Interval
3 Ranking of the planets by distance from sun. Ordinal
4 Distance of planets from sun. Interval
5 Height of children in an elementary school. Ratio
6 Waiting number at DMV. Nominal
7 Year at high-school. Ordinal
8 Weight of chickens at a poultry farm. Ratio
9 Longitude of stars in the night sky. Ordinal
10 Social security number. Nominal
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
Correct me if im right or wrong with this problem about statistic
1) Ordinal. You can order the dates (eg: 6/7/2015 comes before 6/8/2015)
2) Nominal. The numbers are simply names. Ways to ID the player. You cannot do math on the numbers.
3) I agree. You can order the planets (mercury, venus, earth, mars, etc etc...)
4) This is actually ratio. We can do math on the distances, intervals make sense, and there is a 0 that makes sense.
5) Correct. Similar to #4
6) This seems too vague. Did you mean the waiting TIME? If so, then that would be ratio (similar to #4 & #5)
7) Correct. You can order the grades as Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior
8) Correct. Similar to #4, #5, and #6
9) You can order the longitudes, and it makes sense to do math on them. So it's actually ratio
10) Agreed. Just like with #2, these numbers are basically a "name" or ID for any given person.