Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
You can use trig for this, think of the info you have, you're given an angle and the magnitude of the "hypotenuse" and want to find the "opposite" side
think about SOHCAHTOA
so Sin- O, H
Cos - A, H
Tan- O, A
Not the answer you are looking for? Search for more explanations.
so you have been given the hypotenuse and want to find the opposite side, so you're using H and O, think of what H and O belong to, sin, cos or tan?
yup, so now try and apply sin, show me how you would set up an equation with sin and the info given
It is very important to know the ratios sin, cos and tangent in general.
However, it is equally important to know the properties of two very special triangles,
1. the isosceles right triangle, and the
2. 30-60-90 triangle.
In my opinion, we should be familiar with the properties of these two triangles to the point that we can recognize them as soon as we see one.
1. The isosceles right triangle
- measure of the legs (i.e. not hypotenuse) are equal
- meausre of hypotenuse is sqrt(2)*length of a leg
- conversely, measure of a leg is (sqrt(2)/2) of the hypotenuse.
- obtuse angles are both 45.
2. The 30-60-90 triangle
- the median through the 90 degree angle divides the triangle into two triangles, one equilateral, and the other isosceles 30-30-120.
- measure of hypotenuse is double that of side.
- measure of the long leg is sqrt(3)x where x is the length of the short leg.