At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
1) Giraffes use their extremely long necks to reach the leaves high up on acacia trees, which other animals can not reach, giving them a food source for which they have few competitors. What can you conclude about natural selection from this observation? A. Giraffe necks get longer over a lifetime of stretching, and their offspring inherit the longer necks of their parents. B. All giraffes are born with short necks and, eating acacia leaves causes them to stretch over a lifetime. C. Other mammals will mimic the giraffes and grow longer necks. D. The giraffes with the longest necks survive and produce offspring. I think this one is A.
A should be correct
2) Monarch butterflies have brightly colored orange wings with black patterns on them, making them easily visible to birds that eat butterflies and moths, yet birds rarely eat the monarchs. Likewise, the monarch caterpillars are brightly striped yellow and white and black, and they also are rarely eaten by birds, although some wasps will attack them and feed them to their young. What can be inferred from these observations? A. Monarchs must threaten and attack birds, but not wasps. B. Monarchs have a way of discouraging birds predation that does not involve hiding. C. Monarchs' wings are so colorful that most birds must find them difficult to eat. D. Monarchs lay more eggs than other less conspicuous butterflies. I think this one is B.
It should be A I believe
Wait no you were correct it is B sorry didn't read the question correctly so B is correct
3) A team of scientists is researching the relationship between the two subspecies of A. africanus and concludes that the subspecies were actually different species. Which of the following would increase the reliability of this conclusion? A. A second group of scientists finding significant differences in the DNA of the two subspecies. B. Providing a description of the methods used in their experiments that lead to the conclusion. C. Finding the two different subspecies of the species in different geographic locations. D. Publishing their research in order to make their findings available to the public. I think this one is A.
A is correct
4. Short-spined sea urchin fossils were found directly above long spined sea urchin fossils in a layer of rock. What do the differences between the two sets of sea urchin fossils suggest about them? A. The longer spines developed as the shorter-spined sea urchins grew older. B. The longer-spined sea urchins existed before the shorter-spined sea urchins. C. The shorter-spined sea urchins stretched their spines to ward off predators. D. The shorter spines did not protect the sea urchins well enough and they died off. I honestly have no clue what this one would be, but I'm guessing B.
5. Skulls of (1) Modern gorilla, (2) Australopithecus afarensis, (3) Homo erectus, (4) Homo neanderthalensis, (5) Modern human Which of the following can be inferred from the differences between the skulls of Australopithecus afarensis and Homo neaderthalensis? A. Australopithecus afarensis had a longer skull than Homo neaderthalensis and was the first hominid to create tools. B. Australopithecus afarensis had a more pronounced nose than Homo neanderthalensis, suited to breathing cold air. C. Homo neaderthalensis was taller than Australopithecus afarensis and was able to walk upright first. D. Homo neaderthalensis had a larger cranial capacity than Australopithecus afarensis and had a larger brain. I think this one is D.
4 is B
Did you get #5 correct I think it was D?
For any future people looking for answers, #3 was not A.
Sorry about #3