1. Which of the following is the theme of "When Greek meets Greek"? (1 point) a) the struggle to withstand discrimination b) loneliness is an ever-changing world c) the need for higher education at all ages d) the difficulty of making new friends 2. Which of the following is the theme of " Girls can we educate we dads"?( 1 point) a) Fathers do not know about their daughters struggle to grow up b) fathers and daughters do not understand eachother c) sexual descrimination belittles and insults women d) women have been more independant and assertive
3. Read the following sentences from "The Third Bank of the River.""Father, you have been out there long enough. You are old . . . Come back, you don't have to do it anymore . . .Come back and I'll go instead. Right now, if you want. Any time. I'll get into the boat. I'll take your place."Which of the following words best describes the speaker's tone (1 point) a) annoyed b) desperate c) determined d) pleading
4. Read the following sentences from "The Third Bank of the River." She scolded us daily—my sister, my brother, and me. But it happened one day that Father ordered a boat . . . Mother carried on plenty about it. Was her husband going to become a fisherman all of a sudden? Or a hunter? Father said nothing.Which of the following words best describes the relationship between the Mother and her family? (1 point) a) contemptuous b) disconnected c) hostile d) opressive 5. Read the following sentences from "The Youngest Doll."The aunt thought he was listening for the breathing of the prawn to see if it was still alive, and shefondly lifted his hand and placed it on the spot where he could feel the constant movement of thecreature's antennae. The young man released the ruffle and looked fixedly at his father. “You couldhave cured this from the start,” he told him. “That's true,” his father answered, “but I just wanted youto come and see the prawn that has been paying for your education these twenty years."In these sentences, the prawn most likely symbolizes ( 1 point) a) a craving for power and knowledge. b) a sense of selfish motivation and greed. c) a feeling of unity between father and son. d) a secret shared between doctor and patient. 6. Read the following lines from the poem "Love After Love.""you will greet yourself arrivingat your own door, in your own mirror,and each will smile at the other's welcome,"In these lines, the mirror most likely symbolizes (1 point) a) a show of vanity. b) a sense of comfort. c) the recognition of one's talents. d) the reflection of one's inner beauty.
i will try to help
wow this hard
do u still need help
i will help
do u have any done yet
ok i will start at 1
yes there are a couple more if you don't mind :) thank you so much it was getting me frustrated
post them no prob
7. In "The Censors," Juan takes on the job of a government censor in a plan to approve his own love letter to Mariana. Instead he is executed after censoring his own message. What type of irony, if any, does this demonstrate? (1 point) a) verbal b) situational c) dramaticno d) irony 8. Which of the following lines from "When Greek Meets Greek" contains an example of an idiom? (1 point) a) “I know of a landlord up the road who vow that he ain't ever taking anybody who come from the West Indies.” b) "Sure, you stand a chance." c) “I am an Untouchable from the heart of India.” d) “This house is too small for the two of we," Ram say to himself, "one will have to go."
9. Which of the following best describes the diction of this excerpt from "When Greek Meets Greek"? "This fellar was Chandrilaboodoo (after this, we calling this man Chan) and he had a big beard with a hairnet over it, and he was wearing a turban. When he see Ram, he clasp his hands with the palms touching across his chest by way of greeting." (1 point) a) technical and detached b) informal and colloquial c) vivid and metaphorical d) lofty and formal 10. Hybrids produce less pollution than conventional cars. (1 point) a) S-V-O b) S-V-IO c) S-V-N d) S-V-A
10 is svo sorry
its all good i answred them all
Thank you both!!! there is like 5 more questions that i was looking at and I'm confused with, can i post them really quick?
i have to leave in 10 minutes post quick
@isaiah97 i have to go to bus stop in 10 if i have to leave help them i iwll be right back
Identify whether the group of words is a sentence or a fragment 16. Rotating back and forth aimlessly. 17. The fan blades spun rapidly, generation a strong cool breeze. 18. The sound of ringing bells marked the end of a beautiful wedding service.
fragment sentence sentence
THNX MANY! I have just a couple more but they aren't book related so i can probably do them :)
ok no prob just in case these are urs 23. Coach Mack’s basketball team from 2011 is by far his best group of athletes. (1 point) complete subject complete predicate simple subject simple predicate 24. The runner sprinted past the park benches like lightning. (1 point) complete subject complete predicate simple subject simple predicate 23 a 24d